Use of Infrared Spectroscopy in Septic Arthritis Diagnosis
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Sponsor||Rennes University Hospital|
|Start date||June 2014|
|End date||August 2016|
|Trial size||600 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT02860871, 35RC13_8815|
The main objective of this study is to assess the ability of Fiber-optic Evanescent Wave Spectroscopy (FEWS) to discriminate synovial fluids samples of septic arthritis patients from other causes of joint effusion by analyzing ex vivo joint fluid samples collected during routine clinical care.
Diagnosis of the cause of joint effusion
time frame: through study completion, an average of 6 months
Male or female participants at least 18 years old.
- patients benefiting from joint fluid puncture for diagnostic purposes in the rheumatology hospitals participating in the study
- patients over 18 year old,
- patients who received information about the protocol and have not expressed opposition to participate.
- patients opposing the study,
- patients aged below 18 year old
- Protected major (safeguard justice , trusteeship and guardianship) and persons deprived of liberty
|Official title||Use of Infrared Spectroscopy in Septic Arthritis Diagnosis|
Call for more information