Efficacy, Safety and Optimal Dose Selection VM-1500 in Comparison to Efavirenz When Added to Standard-of-care Antiretroviral Therapy
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Treatments||vm-1500, efavirenz, antiretroviral therapy (art)|
|Phase||phase 2/phase 3|
|Start date||August 2014|
|End date||December 2016|
|Trial size||150 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT02489461, HIV-VM1500-04|
To evaluate the following safety and efficacy parameters for VM-1500:
- Decrease in viral load to non-quantifiable level (<50 copies/ml) at Week 12 (Stage I)
- Decrease in viral load to non-quantifiable level (<50 copies/ml) at Week 24 (Stage II)
- Decrease in viral load during 48 weeks of treatment
- Percentage of subjects with at least 10-fold (1 log10) decrease in viral load at Week 4
- Percentage of subjects with decrease in viral load to <400 copies/ml at Week 12
- Percentage of subjects who continued to receive the investigational treatment up to Week 48
- СD4+ and СD8+ cell count change during 48 weeks of the study
- Percentage of subject who developed HIV-1 resistance to the investigational treatment by week 48
- Frequency of adverse events (AE) of different severity according to subjective complaints, physical assessment, vital signs, laboratory tests, ECG
- Frequency of adverse events of special interest, including of central nervous system (CNS) effects
- VM-1500 pharmacokinetic profile in selected subjects
|United States||No locations recruiting|
|Other countries||No locations recruiting|
|Kaluga, Russian Federation||Kaluga regional center for AIDS prevention||no longer recruiting|
|Lipetsk, Russian Federation||Lipetsk regional center for AIDS prevention||no longer recruiting|
|Perm, Russian Federation||Perm Regional center for AIDS prevention||no longer recruiting|
|Ryazan, Russian Federation||Ryazan Regional Clinical Dermatovenerologic Dispensary||no longer recruiting|
|Tolyatti, Russian Federation||City center for AIDS prevention||no longer recruiting|
|Kazan, Russian Federation||Republican hospital for AIDS prevention||no longer recruiting|
|Izhevsk, Russian Federation||Udmurtia Republican hospital for AIDS prevention||no longer recruiting|
|Volgograd, Russian Federation||Volgograd regional center for AIDS prevention||no longer recruiting|
|Moscow, Russian Federation||Central Scientific Research Institute of Epidemiology||no longer recruiting|
|Moscow, Russian Federation||Moscow Infectional Clinical Hospital #2||no longer recruiting|
|Moscow, Russian Federation||Moscow Prevention AIDS Center||no longer recruiting|
|St.Petersburg, Russian Federation||St.Petersburg city center for AIDS prevention||no longer recruiting|
|St.Petersburg, Russian Federation||Clinical infectious diseases hospital n.a. S.P. Botkin"||no longer recruiting|
|Endpoint classification||safety/efficacy study|
|Intervention model||parallel assignment|
|Masking||double blind (subject, investigator)|
Optimal dose selection for VM-1500 in combination with two nucleotide/nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) based on analysis of AEs, laboratory values, subjects' diaries.
time frame: 48 weeks
Efficacy evaluation of VM-1500 (optimal dose selected at Stage I) in combination with two NRTIs, as compared to Efavirenz in combination with two NRTIs based on analysis of viral load.
time frame: 52 weeks
Safety evaluation of VM-1500 (optimal dose selected at Stage I) in combination with two NRTIs, as compared to Efavirenz in combination with two NRTIs based on analysis of AEs, laboratory values and subjects' diaries.
time frame: 52 weeks
Male or female participants at least 18 years old.
- Signed Patient Information and Informed Consent Form.
- Males and females, age ≥ 18 years.
- HIV-1 infection, confirmed serologically in IFA or immunoblot analysis (or documented HIV-1 infection).
- Clinically stable HIV infection (clinical stages 1 or 2 according to the WHO classification).
- Indications (in the Investigator's opinion) for ART, according to the WHO Summary Guideline for use of antiretroviral drugs in HIV prevention and treatment (2013).
- HIV-1 RNA plasma level ≥ 5 000 copies/ml at screening.
- СD4+ Т-cells number > 200 cells/mm3 at screening.
- Laboratory parameters as follows: White blood cells ≥ 2900/mm3 (2,9 x 109 cells/l) Absolute neutrophils ≥ 1500/mm3 (1,5 x 109 cells/l) Platelets ≥ 100000/mm3 (100 x 109 cells/l) Hemoglobin ≥ 9.0 g/dl Total bilirubin ≤ 1.5 x ULN AST and ALT≤ 2.5 x ULN Renal function GFR > 60 ml/min
- Primary HIV-1 resistance to ART. Viral resistance mutations are defined as any basic mutations of resistance to NNRTIs, according to the updated list of VIH-1 resistance mutations (International AIDS society, 2013), associated with drug resistance in any genotype.
- History of antiretroviral therapy (ART), including for the prevention of vertical transmission of HIV.
- Acute hepatitis or hepatic cirrhosis of any etiology; anti-HCV antibodies or HBsAg at screening.
- Signs of acute infection or positive test result for syphilis, hepatitis A, Toxoplasma gondii, cytomegalovirus, gonorrhea, Chlamydia trachomatis during 30 days before screening.
- Opportunistic infections of the Category C (Centers of Disease Control (CDC), 2008), excluding Kaposi's sarcoma not requiring systemic therapy.
- History of tuberculosis of any localization, or tuberculosis at screening, according to x-ray examination.
- History of malignant tumors (except basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, or cervical carcinoma in situ, eliminated and cured ≥ 5 years ago).
|Official title||International, Multicenter, Randomized, Partially Blind Clinical Study to Evaluate Efficacy, Safety and Selection of the Optimal Dose for VM-1500 in Comparison to Efavirenz in Combination With Two NRTIs in Treatment-naïve, HIV-1 Infected Patients|
Call for more information