We Talk About Our Hypertension
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Sponsor||Institute of Population, Health and Development, Vietnam|
|Collaborator||University of Massachusetts, Worcester|
|Start date||July 2015|
|End date||September 2016|
|Trial size||100 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT02483780, 2014/PHAD/UMMS 01-01|
The proposed pilot community-based research project will examine the feasibility, acceptability, and potential efficacy of the Storytelling intervention compared with usual care in hypertension control among rural residents in 4 communities in Vietnam. This is a major clinical and public health problem in this developing country.
|Intervention model||parallel assignment|
time frame: 3 months
time frame: 1 year
time frame: 3 months after randomization
Male or female participants at least 50 years old.
- be a resident of the selected commune;
- be aged 50 years or older;
- have a diagnosis of hypertension according to the 7th Joint National Commission of High Blood Pressure (JNC 7)
- not be cognitively impaired (as assessed by study physicians)
- not be a "story teller" used to develop the intervention;
- not be a family member of another participant in the study
|Official title||Culturally Adaptive Storytelling Method to Improve Hypertension Control in Vietnam -"We Talk About Our Hypertension": a Pilot Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial|
Call for more information