CompuFlo® Assessment Study for the Epidural Space Verification
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Condition||verification of needle tip placement in the lumbar epidural space|
|Treatments||active: comparator loss of resistance syringe, experimental: compuflo® epidural system|
|Sponsor||Milestone Scientific, Inc|
|Start date||January 2015|
|End date||July 2016|
|Trial size||400 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT02378727, EPI-INT14-01|
The purpose of this pivotal study is to demonstrate safety and effectiveness of the CompuFlo® Epidural Computer Controlled System (referred to hereafter as CompuFlo® Epidural) for the epidural space verification.
The CompuFlo® Epidural System is limited by federal law for investigational use only in United States of America and has received CE mark in European Union.
|United States||No locations recruiting|
|Other countries||No locations recruiting|
|Irvine, CA||University of California Irvine||no longer recruiting|
|Rancho Mirage, CA||Vitamed Research||no longer recruiting|
|San Diego, CA||San Diego Pain Institute||no longer recruiting|
|Chicago, IL||Northwestern Memorial Hospital||no longer recruiting|
|Houston, TX||University of Texas Houston||no longer recruiting|
|Endpoint classification||safety/efficacy study|
|Intervention model||factorial assignment|
Primary Effectiveness Objective (successful performance of lumbar epidural procedure)
time frame: 1 week
Male or female participants from 18 years up to 90 years old.
- The Subject is at least 18 years of age at screening, but has not had their 91st birthday.
- The Subject is required to have epidural procedure implemented as part of their standard medical treatment according to Principal Investigator assessment.
- The Subject is willing to undergo the Informed Consent process prior to enrollment into this study.
- The Subject is willing to participate in this study for at least 30 days after the epidural procedure implementation.
- The Subject is willing to participate in this study for at least 3 days after the procedure.
- Contraindications for epidural procedure / anesthesia (circumstances where the risks associated with epidural procedures are higher than usual. These circumstances include, but are not limited to anatomical abnormalities, such as spina bifida or scoliosis, infection at or near the site of insertion, allergy to the anesthetic or intended drug, uncorrected hypovolemia, increased intracranial pressure etc.).
- Patients presenting for emergency c-section or other emergencies.
- Exclusive use of other treatments such as intravenous analgesia with opioids.
- Prior back surgery in lumbar area that would prevent epidural access.
- Preexisting neurological deficit that would interfere with dermatome identification.
- The Subject observed seizure within 7 days prior to study enrollment.
- Presumed and/or confirmed septic embolus.
- The Subject has a skin condition (i.e., hemangioma, scleroderma, psoriasis, rash, open wound or tattoo) in their lumbar region greater than 4 cm2.
- The Subject previously participated in another investigational drug or device trial within the preceding 4 weeks.
- Severe co-existing or terminal systemic disease that limits life expectancy or may interfere with study procedures.
- The Subject is otherwise determined by the Investigator to be medically unsuitable for participation in this study.
|Official title||CompuFlo® Assessment Study (COMPASS): A Randomized, Controlled, Parallel Group, Multicenter, Pivotal Study to Assess the Safety and Effectiveness of the Epidural Space Verification With the CompuFlo® Epidural Computer Controlled System|
Call for more information