Collection of Blood Specimens for Circulating Tumor Cell Analysis
This trial has been completed.
|Conditions||breast cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer|
|Collaborator||Commonwealth Hematology-Oncology, P.C.|
|Start date||September 2013|
|End date||January 2014|
|Trial size||14 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01943500, T30-0001|
Objective: To test the sensitivity of a proprietary novel filtration device designed to capture and concentrate circulating tumor cells (CTCs).
Confirmed patients with breast, prostate, or colorectal cancer (OR) subjects with no prior history of cancer
The number of circulating tumor cells (CTCs) per milliliter of whole blood. Reported unit of measure will be the number of CTCs/milliliter.
time frame: Analysis will be performed within 96 hours following blood sample collection
All participants at least 18 years old.
- Age > 18 years of age
- Written informed consent obtained
- Confirmed diagnosis of stage 2-4 breast, prostate, or colorectal cancer, (OR) no prior history of cancer
- Stage 2-4 treatment naive, metastatic, secondary, and recurrent cancer patients
- Able to undergo blood collection prior to initiation of chemotherapy treatment, (OR) able to provide blood sample if subject is a non-cancer control subject
- Patients unable to understand the research protocol and/or provide informed consent.
- Patients with known immunodeficiency, or pregnancy.
|Official title||Collection of Blood Specimens for Circulating Tumor Cell Analysis|
|Principal investigator||Pedro M Sanz-Altamira, MD, PhD|
Call for more information