Evaluation of 18F-dopa and 123I-MIBG Uptake in the Patients With Neuroblastoma
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Sponsor||National Taiwan University Hospital|
|Start date||June 2007|
|End date||December 2014|
|Trial size||160 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01943097, 200703053M|
Neuroblastic tumors are childhood neoplasms that possess amino acid decarboxylase (AADC) activity and Meta-iodobenzylguanidine(MIBG), they can theoretically be imaged by (18)F-fluorodihydroxyphenylalanine ((18)F-FDOPA) and (123)I-Meta-iodobenzylguanidine((123)I-MIBG) PET, they are new and specific diagnostic and follow-up tools for neuroendocrine tumors. In this study, we explored the accuracy and clinical role of (18)F-FDOPA and (123)I-MIBG PET in neuroblastic tumors.
Patients with tissue-proven neuroblastic tumors receiving (18)F-FDOPA PET or (123)I-MIBG at initial diagnosis or during follow-ups were enrolled. The sensitivity and specificity of (18)F-FDOPA or (123)I-MIBG PET were compared to each other and compared to(18)F-FDG PET, using tumor histology as the standard.
The maximum standardized uptake value and tumor-to-liver uptake ratio
time frame: Outcome will be measured in one week after performed.
Male or female participants up to 30 years old.
- (1) Diagnosed by clinical criteria(one of below)
- Proved as Neuroblastoma by a pathological section
- Bone meta with 24 hrs urine VMA(Vanillylmandelic acid )or HVA (Homovanillic acid) elevated
- CT or MRI found tumor around adrenal gland or Neuroblastic tumor
- (2) Age between 0-30 years old，Body weight over 2.5kg
- (3) Signed Inform Consent Form
- (1)AST and ALT > 200U/L、Cre > 2.5mg/dl
- (2)Allerg to 18F-dopa、123I-MIBG
- (3)Subject not fit this study(assessed by PI)
- (4)No more need to arrenge PET because disease progress, assessed by VS
|Official title||The Evaluation of the 6-[18F]Fluoro-levo-dopa and 123I-MIBG Uptake in the Patients With Neuroblastoma|
Call for more information