Natural Cycle In Vitro Fertilization
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Condition||natural cycle in vitro fertilization (ivf)|
|Treatments||uterine aspiration and endometrial biopsy/embryo biopsy, leuprolide acetate, human chorionic gonadotropin (hcg)|
|Sponsor||Reproductive Medicine Associates of New Jersey|
|Start date||April 2013|
|End date||September 2016|
|Trial size||850 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01866618, RMA-2013-01|
Natural IVF study patients will undergo an IVF cycle with trigger shots of Lupron & hCG. Patients will not be given any other stimulating medications during the cycle. They will have 2 uterine aspirations and an endometrial biopsy at designated times. The first uterine aspiration will be randomized to one of four days (day before retrieval, day of retrieval, day after retrieval or 2 days after retrieval). The second uterine aspiration and endometrial biopsy will be performed 6 days after retrieval. Any embryo(s) obtained will be biopsied for Comprehensive Chromosome Screening (CCS) and frozen for use in a subsequent thaw cycle.
|Intervention model||single group assignment|
time frame: 1 Year
time frame: 1 Year
Female participants from 18 years up to 50 years old.
- Ovulatory cycles every 39 days or less (natural cycle IVF cannot be performed in someone who does not have cycles)
- Must be RMANJ patient and have completed all diagnostic screening at one of our RMANJ locations. All diagnostic screening is NOT covered under the study and must be completed prior to being allowed to start the study cycle.
- Prior enrollment/attempt in this study
- Requirement for surgical sperm extraction
- Inability to assess ovaries via transvaginal ultrasound
- Inability to tolerate vaginal examination
|Official title||Natural Cycle In Vitro Fertilization|
|Principal investigator||Richard T Scott, M.D., HCLD|
Call for more information