Clinical Trial of Safety and Efficiency of Afalaza in Patients With Symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and Risk of Progression
This trial has been completed.
|Condition||benign prostatic hyperplasia|
|Sponsor||Materia Medica Holding|
|Start date||November 2012|
|End date||November 2016|
|Trial size||260 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01716104, MMH-AZ-001-I|
The purpose of this study is:
- To assess safety of Afalaza drug within 12 months in patients with symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia and risk of progression.
- To assess efficiency of Afalaza drug within 12 months in patients with symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia and risk of progression.
|United States||No locations recruiting|
|Other countries||No locations recruiting|
|Moscow region Koroljov, Russian Federation||Limited liability company "Family Policlinic No. 4"||completed|
|Moscow, Russian Federation||The State Budget Health Care institution of Moscow the City "Hospital for veterans of wars No. 2 of the Administration of Health Care of Moscow City"||completed|
|Moscow, Russian Federation||The State Budget Health Care institution of Moscow the City "Specialized clinical (neuro-psychiatric) hospital No. 8 n.a. Z.P. Solovyov - ''Clinic of neuroses" of the Administration of Health Care of Moscow City||completed|
|Moscow, Russian Federation||The Federal State Budget Educational institution of High Professional Training "Peoples' Friendship University of Russia", Department of Urology and Operative Nephrology||completed|
|Moscow, Russian Federation||The State Budget Educational institution of High Professional Training I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University of Ministry of Health Care and Social Development of the Russian Federation, Department of Urology||completed|
|Moscow, Russian Federation||The State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education " Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry of A. I. Evdokimov" Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation||completed|
|Moscow, Russian Federation||The Federal State Budget institution "Polyclinic № 3" of Affairs Management Department of the President of the Russian Federation||completed|
|Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation||Municipal Treatment-and-Prophylactic Health Care institution Clinical Diagnostic Centre "Zdorovie"||completed|
|St. Petersburg, Russian Federation||The Federal State Budgetary Institution " Saint-Petersburg Research Institute Phthisiopulmonology " Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation||completed|
|St. Petersburg, Russian Federation||The Federal State institution "All-Russian center of emergency and radiation medicine n.a. A.M. Nikiforov" of the Ministry of the Russian Federation for Affairs of civil defence, emergencies and elimination of consequences of natural disasters||completed|
|St. Petersburg, Russian Federation||The Federal State Budgetary Health Care Institution "Clinical Hospital №122 n. a. L. G. Sokolov of the Federal Biomedical Agency"||completed|
|St. Petersburg, Russian Federation||Limited liability company "Medical unit No. 157"||completed|
|St. Petersburg, Russian Federation||Saint-Petersburg State Budget Health Care institution "Pokrovsky city hospital"||completed|
|St. Petersburg, Russian Federation||Limited Liability Company "Hospital OrCli"||completed|
|Tomsk, Russian Federation||The State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education " Siberian state Medical University" Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation||completed|
|Kyiv, Ukraine||The State Institution "Institute of Urology of the Ukraine National Academy of Medical Sciences"||completed|
|Endpoint classification||safety/efficacy study|
|Intervention model||parallel assignment|
|Masking||double blind (subject, caregiver, investigator, outcomes assessor)|
Change in total IPSS scores (International Prostate Symptome Score) after 1, 3, 6 and 12 months compared to baseline.
time frame: 12 months
Dynamics of irritative symptoms evaluated by IPSS (International Prostate Symptome Score) after 1, 3, 6 and 12 months compared to baseline
time frame: 12 months
Male participants from 45 years up to 60 years old.
- Male patients 45 to 60 y.o. inclusive with a documented diagnosis of Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Lower urinary tract symptoms having been experienced for 3 months and longer.
- Total IPSS score (International Prostate Symptome Score) of 8 to 15.
- Prostate volume of more than 30 cm3.
- Maximal urinary flow rate of 10-15 mL/sec.
- Micturition volume of 125-350 mL.
- Residual volume of less than 100 mL.
- Serum PSA level of less than 4 ng/mL.
- Use of and compliance with contraceptive methods during the trial and for 30 days upon completion of participation in the trial.
- Presence of the patient's information sheet (informed consent form) for participation in the clinical trial.
- Invasive therapies for BPH including a transurethral prostatic resection, thermotherapy, microwave therapy, transurethral needle ablation, stenting , etc.
- Malignant oncological disease of the urogenital system as well as malignancies of any other localization during last 5 years.
- Acute urinary retention within 3 months before inclusion in the trial.
- Neurogenic dysfunctions and bladder ears.
- Urinary stone disease.
- Urethral stricture, bladder neck sclerosis.
- History of operative aids for pelvic organs.
- Urogenital infections in the phase of active inflammation.
- Systematic administration of agents exhibiting effects on bladder function and urine production.
- Exacerbation or decompensation of chronic diseases affecting the possibility of patients to participate in the clinical trial, including severe concurrent cardiovascular conditions and disorders of the nervous system, renal and hepatic insufficiency.
- History of administration of testosterone 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors (finasteride, dutasteride).
- History of polyvalent allergy.
- Allergy/intolerance to any component of drug agents used in the therapy.
- Malabsorption syndrome, including congenital or acquired lactase or other disaccharidase deficiency.
- Administration of drugs specified as "Prohibited concomitant therapy", within 3 months before enrollment.
- Exacerbation or decompensation of chronic diseases affecting the possibility of patients to participate in the clinical trial.
- Drug and alcohol consumption (over 2 alc. units daily), mental diseases. Legal incapacity or limited legal capacity.
- Legal incapacitation or limited legal capacity.
- Patients, who, in the investigator's opinion, will fail to observe the requirements during the trial or adhere to the studied drug administration procedure.
- Participation in other clinical trials within 3 months before enrolment in this trial.
- Presence of other factors, complicating the patient's participation in the trial (e.g., planned lengthy business and other trips).
- A patient is a part of the center's research staff, taking a direct part in the trial, or an immediate family member of the investigator. Immediate family members are defined as spouses, parents, children or siblings, regardless of whether full blood or adopted.
- The patient is employed with Scientific Production Firm Materia Medica Holding LLC, i.e. is the company's employee, part-time employee under contract, or appointed official in charge of the trial, or their immediate family.
|Official title||Multicentric Double-blind Placebo-controlled Randomized Parallel-group Clinical Trial of Safety and Efficiency of Afalaza in Patients With Symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and Risk of Progression|
Call for more information