Xeloxiri as First-line Treatment in Patients With Advanced Unresectable Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Treatments||capecitabine, oxaliplatin, irinotecan|
|Sponsor||The University of Hong Kong|
|Start date||April 2012|
|End date||December 2016|
|Trial size||29 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01558869, MONC-HBP24|
This is an open-label, single centre, single-arm phase II study which aims to assess the efficacy and tolerability of triplet combination of capecitabine, oxaliplatin and irinotecan (Xeloxiri regimen) in treating patients with advanced unresectable pancreatic carcinoma. Clinical data from patients diagnosed with pancreatic adenocarcinoma will be collected and analyzed in this study. The patients' data will be collected and maintained in the Division of Medical Oncology of the University Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong.
|Endpoint classification||efficacy study|
|Intervention model||single group assignment|
Change in extent of disease
time frame: Change from baseline in size approximately every 4 cycles
time frame: Change from baseline every 2 cycles
time frame: From date of start until the date of first documented progression or death from disease-related causes or last follow-up, whichever came first, assessed up to 18 months
time frame: From date of start until the date of death from any cause or last follow-up, whichever came first, assessed up to 18 months
Male or female participants at least 18 years old.
- Adults ≥ 18 years of age, male or female.
- Histopathologically or cytologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
- ECOG performance status 0 to 2.
- Adequate bone marrow reserve.
- Absolute neutrophil count > 1x10^9/L.
- Total bilirubin <3 times the upper limit of the normal range.
- Life expectancy ≥ 12 weeks.
- Signed written informed consent form.
- Prior malignant disease other than pancreatic cancer.
- Patients suitable for surgical or locoregional therapies.
- Patients who have prior anticancer therapy for pancreatic cancer.
- Patients unable to swallow oral medications.
- Any evidence of brain metastasis (unless the patient is >6 months from definitive therapy, has a negative imaging study within 4 weeks of study entry and is clinically stable with respect to the tumor at the time of study entry).
- Active clinically serious infections (> grade 2 NCI / CTC Adverse Event version 3.0).
- History of allergy to platinum compounds.
- Patients who have chronic inflammatory bowel disease and/or bowel obstruction.
- Patients who have severe bone marrow failure.
- Patients undergoing renal dialysis.
- History of HIV infection.
- Seizure disorder requiring medication (such as steroids or anti-epileptics).
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding, or women of child-bearing potential who are unable or unwilling to practice a highly effective means of contraception.
- Substance abuse, medical, psychological or social conditions that may interfere with the patient's participation in the study or evaluation of study results.
|Official title||An Open-label, Single-centre, Single-arm Phase II Study of Capecitabine Combined With Oxaliplatin and Irinotecan (Xeloxiri) as First-line Treatment in Patients With Advanced Unresectable Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma|
|Principal investigator||Thomas Yau, MD|
Call for more information