Oxaliplatin for Children With Solid Tumors
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Conditions||relapsed solid tumor, refractory solid tumor|
|Start date||March 2011|
|End date||June 2013|
|Trial size||20 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01558453, OXALI_L_04946|
The purpose of this study is to determine the pediatric neoplastic response to chemotherapy proposed and evaluate sensitivity to oxaliplatin through immunohistochemistry ERCC-1 expression analysis.
|Endpoint classification||safety/efficacy study|
|Intervention model||single group assignment|
Determine pediatric neoplastic response to proposed chemotherapy. Evaluate sensitivity to oxaliplatin through immunohistochemistry ERCC-1 expression analysis.
time frame: Up 2 years
Define cumulative toxicity after oxaliplatin multiple cycles in this population. Evaluate relation between time exposure to the drug (number of cycles) and response (antitumor effect x response).
time frame: Up 2 years
Male or female participants up to 21 years old.
- Age ≤ 21 years old at the time of cancer diagnosis.
- Confirmed histological diagnosis - every patient, except brains tumor, or optic pathway glioma, should have one of the following histological diagnosis:
- Ewing´s sarcoma/PNET
- Soft tissue sarcoma/rhabdomyosarcoma
- Wilms tumor
- Low grade astrocytoma
- High grade astrocytoma/GBM
- Germ cell tumor Other rare tumors such as - hepatocellular carcinoma, pediatric colorectal carcinoma, renal cell carcinoma, adrenocortical carcinoma and nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
- All subjects should have measurable disease, at least in one dimension, 20mm minimum, or presence of neoplastic cell in cephalorachidian fluid.
- All patients must have a life expectancy ≥ 8 weeks, with PS Karnofsky ≥50 for patients with ≥ 10 years old and PS Lansky ≥50 for patients < 10 years old.
- Previous treatment:
- at least 3 weeks without chemotherapy.
- at least 6 months after spine and brain radiation.
- it is allowed corticosteroids in patients with CNS tumor, but it is recommended to have stable doses or reducing the dose 7 days before protocol treatment.
- there´s no limit of drugs or chemotherapy used previously, except oxaliplatin.
- Adequate function as define by:
- Hematologic: neutrophil > 1000/mm³, platelet > 75000/mm³ and hemoglobin > 8 g/dL.
- Renal - creatinine according to: Age ≤ 5 anos Cr ≤ 0,8 mg/dL 5 < age < 10 Cr ≤ 1,0 mg/dL 10 < age ≤ 15 Cr ≤ 1,2 mg/dL > 15 years Cr ≤ 1,5 mg/dL
- Hepatic: total bilirubin ≤ 3 mg/dL.
- Neurologic: patients should seizure control.
- Legal representative (father, mother or tutor) or subject (if >18 years old) must sign and date Informed Consent Form (ICF), after have being informed about relevant aspects regarding study participation.
- For female patients of childbearing age: Presence of a negative pregnancy test within 7 days prior to day 0.
- Patient must agree in use effective contraception if procreative potential exists. Use of reliable means of contraception (e.g. hormonal contraceptive, patch, vaginal ring, intrauterine device, physical barrier, abstinence) for subjects of reproductive potential (males and females) is required during study treatment and for 3 months following last dose of study drug
- It should not have known curative treatment option and no proved therapy that increased survival with quality of life.
- Oxaliplatin previous use.
- Another chemotherapy or experimental drug, simultaneously.
- If female, pregnant or lactating.
- Active infection.
- Any serious existent condition that could affect, in adverse way, subjet's capacity to be treat according to protocol.
- Any condition, therapy, or medical condition, which, in the opinion of the attending physician could represent a risk for the patient or adversely affect the study objectives.
- Use of investigational drug < 30 days before entering study.
- Medical history with:
- severe renal insufficiency;
- known hypersensitiveness to platine;
- peripheral sensory neuropathy.
|Official title||Phase II Study With Oxaliplatin In Children With Relapsed/Refractory Solid Tumors|
Call for more information