LACTACOL 01 - Impact of Breast Milk on the Neurodevelopment of Preterm Newborns
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Condition||prematurity of fetus|
|Sponsor||Nantes University Hospital|
|Start date||September 2011|
|End date||March 2016|
|Trial size||156 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01493063, BRD/11/02-Y|
The aim of the study is to estimate the impact of the protein content of breastmilk at the end of hospitalization of the preterm newborn, on the neurodevelopment at 2 years old.
The investigators expect a difference of at least 5 points of Development Quotient (DQ) when comparing extreme terciles of the protein content of breastmilk at the end of hospitalization.
Male or female participants from 28 weeks up to 34 weeks old.
- Maternal decision of breastfeeding
- Born between 28 and 34 weeks of amenorrhea
- No important congenital pathology except prematurity
- Efficiency of the breastfeeding compatible with the research by the investigator
- Information and authorization of the parents or the parental authority
- Maternal decision of not breastfeeding
- Born before 28 weeks of amenorrhoea or after or at 34 weeks of amenorrhoea
- Important congenital pathology
- Efficiency of the breastfeeding incompatible with the research by the investigator
- Opposition from parents or the parental authority to participate to the research study
|Official title||BRD/11/02-Y "LACTACOL 01 - Impact of Breast Milk on the Neurodevelopment of Preterm Newborns".|
|Principal investigator||Cécile Boscher, Doctor|
Call for more information