Autologous Fibroblast Grafts in Facial Skin Regeneration
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Treatment||autologous fibroblasts grafts|
|Sponsor||Federal University of São Paulo|
|Start date||March 2007|
|End date||March 2011|
|Trial size||20 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01490554, CEP UNIFESP-1787/07|
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the presence of skin changes after grafting of autologous fibroblasts by means of biophysical, histological, immunohistological, gene expression, glycosaminoglycan, and sensitivity analyses.
|Endpoint classification||safety/efficacy study|
|Intervention model||single group assignment|
autologous fibroblast grafts
Regeneration of facial ectoderm
time frame: one year after the grafting of autologous fibroblasts.
Female participants from 50 years up to 70 years old.
- Women, aged between 50 to 70 years with facial wrinkles (rhytides),
- Fitzpatrick III skin type, and
- Who had reached menopause at least 3 years before entering the study were eligible for participation.
- Women with uncontrolled comorbid conditions,
- Alcohol and corticosteroid users,
- Who had undergone chemical peeling or skin filling in the face or neck at least 12 months prior to the study,
- Who had a keloid scar,
- Who scored below 18 on the Mini-Mental State Examination,
- Who had any psychiatric disorder or those undergoing orthodontic treatment were excluded from the study.
|Official title||Effectiveness of Autologous Fibroblast Grafts in the Regeneration of Facial Ectoderm|
|Principal investigator||Lydia M Ferreira, MD, PhD|
|Description||- Analytical prospective autocontrolled study|
Call for more information