SoundBite Hearing System Long Term Multi Site Patient Use Study
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Conditions||single sided deafness, conductive hearing loss|
|Sponsor||Sonitus Medical Inc|
|Start date||September 2011|
|End date||September 2013|
|Trial size||150 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01445977, CLN006|
This study is designed to collect data about the SoundBite™ Hearing System to answer specific questions. The hearing system has been cleared for commercial distribution by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Sonitus hopes to learn from a larger group of users what features and settings of this device provide the best hearing ability for people diagnosed with Single Sided Deafness (SSD) or Conductive Hearing Loss (CHL).
|United States||No locations recruiting|
|Other countries||No locations recruiting|
|Phoenix, AZ||Arizona Ear Center||no longer recruiting|
|LaJolla, CA||California Hearing and Balance Center||no longer recruiting|
|Newport Beach, CA||Shohet Ear Associates Medical Group||no longer recruiting|
|San Jose, CA||Camino Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic||no longer recruiting|
|San Mateo, CA||Hearing Resource Center||no longer recruiting|
|Washington, DC||The George Washington University- Department of Otolaryngology||no longer recruiting|
|Miami, FL||University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine||no longer recruiting|
|Tampa, FL||Physicians Choice Hearing and Dizziness Center||no longer recruiting|
|Detroit, MI||Henry Ford Health System- Department of Otolayrngology and Audiology||no longer recruiting|
|New York, NY||New York Otology||no longer recruiting|
|Raleigh, NC||Carolina Ear and Hearing Clinic, PC||no longer recruiting|
|San Antonio, TX||Ear Medical Group||no longer recruiting|
|Salt Lake City, UT||University Health Science Center (University of Utah Hospital)||no longer recruiting|
Aided Threshold Testing
time frame: 12 months
Abbreviated Profile of Hearing Aid Benefit (APHAB) Questionnaire
time frame: 12 months
Single Sided Deafness Questionnaire
time frame: 12 months
Male or female participants at least 18 years old.
- Patients who are 18 years or older
- Clinical diagnosis of a Moderately severe, severe, or profound sensorineural hearing loss in one ear and normal hearing in the other ear (Normal hearing is defined as a pure tone average (PTA) air-conduction (AC) hearing threshold (measured at 0.5, 1, 2, and 3 kHz) of better than or equal to 25 dB HL)
- Patients diagnosed with conductive hearing loss where the pure tone average bone-conduction hearing threshold (measured at 0.5, 1, 2, and 3 kHz) is better than or equal to 25 dB HL.
- At least two contiguous molar or premolar teeth with no untreated tooth decay. -Patients with tooth decay present are to first have restorations before being fitted for SoundBite
- Healthy attachment to those teeth with tooth pockets limited to no more than 5mm
- No mobile teeth
- Bone loss no greater than a 34% average on the mesial and distal sides of the tooth as measured on X-ray on the teeth on which the device will be worn.
- The SoundBite Hearing System and all portions of it are contraindicated for use in an MRI Environment and should be removed prior to MRI exposure
- The SoundBite Hearing System is not to be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to any of the components including allergies to polymers.
- The SoundBite Hearing system is contraindicated for vulnerable populations that are unable to sue their hands such as paraplegics or others that are unable to comply with the warnings in the product's labeling.
|Official title||SoundBite Hearing System Long Term Multi Site Patient Use Study|
|Principal investigator||Gerald Popelka, PhD|
|Description||The Sonitus SoundBite Hearing System prosthetic device is a bone conduction device that has been FDA cleared for treatment of single-sided deafness (SSD) and conductive hearing loss (CHL). The Sonitus SoundBite Hearing System consists of an In the Mouth (ITM) component an external microphone component, worn behind the ear (BTE), a calibration interface cable and PC-controlled calibration software for subject calibration. A charger is also provided to charge the ITM and the BTE. The objective of this multi-sites observational study is to assess the long-term patient use of the Sonitus SoundBite Hearing System.|
Call for more information