Genetics Study of Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Non-Responders to Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) Therapy
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Sponsor||West Coast Retina Medical Group, Inc.|
|Start date||April 2011|
|End date||April 2012|
|Trial size||40 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01310686, FVF4990s|
To obtain a genotypic analysis of patients with chronic exudative age-related macular degeneration noted to have subretinal or intraretinal edema despite continuous monthly Anti-VEGF therapy.
Genetic analysis of patients with chronic wet age-related macular degeneration despite continuous anti-VEGF treatment
time frame: This is a one time only blood draw.
To evaluate demographic and clinical characteristics in patients treated with anti-VEGF therapy who fail to respond completely.
time frame: This is a one time only blood draw and assessment of clinical characteristics.
Male or female participants of any age.
- Ability to provide written informed consent for participation in this study
- Subjects diagnoses of neovascular AMD who are on a monthly anti-VEGF regimen (have had >10 or more ranibizumab and/or bevacizumab injections within the last year) and who still have intra-retinal or subretinal fluid as confirmed by the Investigator
- Subjects with a Pigment Epithelial Detachment Exclusively
- Subjects with Serous Pigment Epithelial Detachments
- Subjects with history of the following: idiopathic polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy
- pathologic degenerative myopia
- central serous chorioretinopathy
- familial drusen
- adult onset foveal pattern dystrophy
|Official title||Genotypic Evaluation of Chronic Exudative Macular Degeneration Despite Monthly Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) Therapy|
Call for more information