Clinical Evaluation of Lava Digital Veneer System (DVS) Crowns
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Conditions||acceptable performance of crowns in clinical service, post-operative sensitivity of study crowns|
|Start date||November 2010|
|End date||March 2014|
|Trial size||75 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01278862, 3M ESPE CR-10-004|
Study aim is to compare Lava Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Milling Computer Aided Machining (CAD/CAM)crowns that are veneered (covered) with porcelain that has been milled using CAD/CAM, with similar CAD/CAM Lava crowns that have been veneered with a hand fabricated porcelain covering.
|Endpoint classification||efficacy study|
|Intervention model||parallel assignment|
Clinical performance of crowns
time frame: 3 years
time frame: 3 years
Male or female participants at least 19 years old.
- Over 18 years of age.
- Have at least one decayed back tooth in need of a crown
- Study tooth to be an upper or lower premolar or molar tooth/ teeth
- Study tooth to be vital and asymptomatic at start of study
- Teeth which are non vital, have had root canal treatment
- Teeth which are pulp capped
- Sensitive teeth
- Significant untreated dental disease including periodontitis and rampant decay
- Pregnant or lactating women
- Patients with allergies to any of the materials to be used in the study
- Unable to attend the recall appointments
|Official title||Clinical Evaluation of Lava Digital Veneer System (DVS) Crowns|
|Principal investigator||Dennis Fasbinder, DDS|
|Description||Veneers will be randomly allocated to study crowns. Study crowns will be evaluated over three years. The test porcelain veneer is CAD/CAM milled as a veneer shell that is then fused to the CAD/CAM milled Lava crown to make the final crown to be cemented in the patient's mouth. This may be a more predictable technique in the fabrication of Lava crowns than current conventional methods.|
Call for more information