Quantification of Human Adipogenesis
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Sponsor||Brigham and Women's Hospital|
|Start date||December 2010|
|End date||December 2016|
|Trial size||20 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01257997, BWH-2010p001900|
This pilot study is using a novel technology to measure the rate of turnover of new fat cells. Analysis of volunteer samples is ongoing, however the study is currently not enrolling new volunteers.
Quantifying human adipogenesis-counting the number of new fat cells.
time frame: 4 weeks-7 months
Male or female participants from 18 years up to 49 years old.
- Aged 18-49 years.
- Significant chronic medical illness.
- Illicit substance or alcohol abuse.
- Body mass index > 27 kg/meters squared.
- Underweight (BMI < 20 kg/m2).
- History of keloid formation (excessive scarring).
|Official title||Quantification of Human Adipogenesis|
|Principal investigator||Matthew L Steinhauser, MD|
Call for more information