Post Operative Walking Enhancements for Recovery (POWER) Trial
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Condition||postoperative morbidity and mortality|
|Treatment||goal-augmented post-operative care|
|Start date||October 2010|
|End date||August 2011|
|Trial size||120 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01254851, 203031|
This study is a non-blinded randomized controlled trial. Consenting participants will be randomized to routine post-operative ambulation vs. goal-augmented post-operative care (they will be given a goal number of steps to take on each post-operative day) following in-patient gynecologic surgery.
|United States||No locations recruiting|
|Other countries||No locations recruiting|
|Intervention model||parallel assignment|
Number of steps taken in twentyfour hours.
time frame: 1 day
Female participants at least 18 years old.
- Independent ambulation pre-operatively
- Undergoing gynecologic procedure
- Expected to ambulate within 12 hours of their procedure
- Children under the age of 18
- Inability to ambulate independently prior to their surgery
- Primary surgeon does not want patient to ambulate within 12 hours of procedure
- English is not the primary language spoken by the patient
|Official title||Post Operative Walking Enhancements for Recovery (POWER) Trial|
|Principal investigator||Linda Brubaker, M.D.|
Call for more information