Bone Quality Lyon Orleans
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Treatment||bone quality complementary exams|
|Sponsor||Hospices Civils de Lyon|
|Start date||September 2010|
|End date||February 2017|
|Trial size||1605 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01150032, 2009.588|
QUALYOR is a prospective study on the predictive value for fragility fracture of various new techniques assessing bone quality, among postmenopausal women with low bone mass.
time frame: 4 years
Female participants at least 50 years old.
- 50 or older women
- post-menopausal since at least one year
- with osteopenia (T-score between -1.0 and -2.5 (with clinical factor risk) or -3.0 (without clinical factor risk)
- corticosteroid therapy > 3 months, at least 7.5mg/day equivalent prednisolon (stopped since at least 1 year)
- osteoporosis treatment antecedent
- fragility fracture antecedent
- on going post-menopausal hormonal treatment
- clinical signs of hepatic, cardiac or respiratory insufficiency, diseases possibly affecting bone metabolism
- life expectancy < 4 years, mental or serious illness
|Official title||Bone Quality and Improvement of Fracture Risk Prediction|
|Principal investigator||Roland CHAPURLAT, MD, PhD|
Call for more information