An Age-Stratified Data Collection Study in Adult Males and Females, Ages 18 and Above to Establish a Normative Database Using the 3D Optical Coherence Tomography 3D OCT-1000 Mark II
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Start date||April 2009|
|End date||March 2010|
|Trial size||180 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT01027936, NDB-001|
To collect three dimensional retinal measurements of the optic disc and the macula lutea on healthy normal subjects using the 3D OCT-1000 Mark II for the purpose of developing a normative database that is stratified by age.
|United States||No locations recruiting|
|Other countries||No locations recruiting|
|La Jolla, CA||Shiley Eye Center UCSD||no longer recruiting|
|Overland Park, KS||Durrie Vision||no longer recruiting|
|New York, NY||Vitreous-Retina-Macula Consultants of New York, P.C.||no longer recruiting|
|New York, NY||SUNY||no longer recruiting|
|New York, NY||Glaucoma Associates of New York||no longer recruiting|
|Milwaukee, WI||Eye Institute/Medical College of WI||no longer recruiting|
|Observational model||case control|
A normative dataset containing a statistical description of expected norms of retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) and macula lutea thickness, stratified by age.
time frame: 12 Months
Male or female participants at least 18 years old.
- Male and Females at least 18 years of age;
- Must be a member of one of the 3 ethnic groups: Caucasian, Hispanic or African American. Asians, Eastern Indians, and Native Americans have been excluded from this study;
- Signed, written informed consent obtained for the study;
- BSCVA of 20/40 or better in both eyes;
- Intraocular pressure (IOP) ≤ 21 mm Hg in both eyes.
- Ocular disease;
- Cataract on slit lamp exam with a corresponding loss of BSCVA worse than 20/25;
- Corneal surface disruption precluding imaging;
- Prior ocular surgery except uncomplicated phacoemulsification or strabismus surgery;
- Prior corneal refractive surgery of any type;
- Family history of glaucoma among first generation relatives;
- Current history of an acute or chronic disease or illness that would confound the normative outcome(s) of the study;
- Current use of systemic medications that may confound the outcome of the study;
- Nystagmus or any other condition that would prevent a steady gaze during study tests or measurements;
- Current history of inflammation or infection of the eye or eyelids; injury to the eye.
|Official title||An Age-Stratified Data Collection Study in Adult Males and Females, Ages 18 and Above to Establish a Normative Database Using the 3D Optical Coherence Tomography 3D OCT-1000 Mark II|
Call for more information