A Study of Lymphangiogenesis in Colorectal and Nasopharyngeal Cancer
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Conditions||colorectal cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer|
|Sponsor||National University Hospital, Singapore|
|Start date||July 2008|
|End date||December 2014|
|Trial size||500 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT00943891, MC01/09/08|
1. To determine the association between LVD and clinico-pathologic variables in archived colorectal cancer and Nasopharyngeal carcinoma specimens
2. To determine the association between VEGF-C,-D expression with COX-2 expression and clinico-pathologic variables in colorectal cancer and Nasopharyngeal carcinoma
3. To determine the effect of celecoxib on lymphangiogenesis in Nasopharyngeal carcinoma Lymphangiogenesis and factors modulating lymphangiogenesis are associated with clinico-pathological outcome in Nasopharyngeal carcinoma and colorectal cancer. Celecoxib down-regulates lymphangiogenesis Archival colorectal cancer and Nasopharyngeal carcinoma tumor specimens will be obtained from the Department of Pathology. To determine the effect of celecoxib on lymphangiogenesis in Nasopharyngeal carcinoma, the investigators intend to analyze archived specimens collected in a previously conducted study. Colorectal tumor and nodal specimens and Nasopharyngeal carcinoma primary will be examined for MVD, LVD and growth factor expression using established haematoxylin and eosin and immunohistochemical techniques. Quantification of LVD and MVD shall be performed by two pathologists blinded to clinico-pathological variables using standardised methods.
Male or female participants at least 21 years old.
- Male and female patients are eligible
- Patients 21 years or older
|Official title||A Study of Lymphangiogenesis in Colorectal and Nasopharyngeal Cancer|
|Principal investigator||Ross Andrew Soo, MBBS|
Call for more information