Comparison of Two Heparin Formulations in Patients With Chronic Renal Failure.
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Treatments||heparin sodium - app, heparin sodium - hipolabor|
|Sponsor||L.A.L Clinica Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento Ltda.|
|Start date||April 2010|
|End date||March 2011|
|Trial size||120 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT00914472, HEPHIP0509, Version 01|
Investigate, through a randomized, open, parallel and comparative, non-inferiority of heparin sodium produced by laboratory Hipolabor compared to heparin manufactured by APP in patients on hemodialysis due to renal failure, through the control of hemostasis, verified by formation of clot (fibrin) in the hemodialysis system and pharmacodynamic parameters (TTPA and Anti-Xa) during the use of heparin
|Endpoint classification||efficacy study|
|Intervention model||parallel assignment|
Heparin - Hipolabor
Heparin - APP
Effectiveness of heparin in thrombi formation.
time frame: 12 consecutive sessions
Alteration of the pharmacodynamic parameters.
time frame: 12 consecutive sessions.
Evaluation of Anti-Xa
time frame: 12 consecutive sessions (4 weeks - 3times/week)
Male or female participants at least 18 years old.
- Research that patients agreed to participate and signed the written informed consent;
- Patients aged over 18 years, both sexes, regardless of color or social class;
- Patients with impaired renal function in chronic hemodialysis schedule of at least 3 times a week and giving the use of heparin in the prophylaxis of thrombosis in the system.
- Hypersensitivity to heparin sodium and / or benzyl alcohol;
- History of bleeding or disease that the change of blood coagulation could aggravate or terminate the clinical manifestations, such as tables of active peptic or gastric ulcer;
- Severe liver disease;
- Period of gestation;
- Genetic abnormality of the coagulation system;
- Multiple trauma;
- Use of aspirin in high doses (above 200mg per day);
- Use of glucocorticoids for at least 1 month;
- Use of other anticoagulants;
- Submission of a big surgery done less than 15 days;
- History of persistent hypertension at the end of dialysis than 150/100 mmHg;
- Indicated doses of heparin 20% above or below 150UI/kg.
|Official title||A Randomized Non-inferiority Clinical Trial of Heparin Produced by Hipolabor Laboratory(PARINEX®) in Comparation With Heparin Produced by APP PHARMACEUTICALS in Patients With Chronic Renal Failure.|
Call for more information