Phase I AZD2281/Cisplatin in Advanced Solid Tumour Patients
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Condition||advanced solid tumors|
|Start date||November 2008|
|End date||February 2012|
|Trial size||59 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT00782574, D0810C00021|
A Phase I study to assess the safety and tolerability of AZD2281 in combination with Cisplatin in patients with advanced Solid Tumours. This is an open label-dose finding; to establish the maximum tolerated dose of AZD2281 combined with Cisplatin in patients with advanced solid tumours. Approximately 50 (max 60) patients from 2 countries will be enrolled.
|Endpoint classification||safety study|
|Intervention model||single group assignment|
AZD2281 + Cisplatin combination therapy
To determine the safety and tolerability of AZD2281 in combination with Cisplatin (eg Adverse Events, Pharmacokinetic for AZD2281, overall response rate) to patients with advanced solid tumours.
time frame: Weekly visits for routine monitoring visits
To compare exposure to AZD2281 when given alone and in combination with Cisplatin (Only in patients receiving continuous dosing of AZD2281).
time frame: PK samples taken at visit 2 and 3
To make a preliminary assessment of the anti-tumour activity of AZD2281 when given in combination with Cisplatin, by measuring overall objective response rate.
time frame: Assessed at screening, visit 9, and at end of every 2 cycles
Male or female participants from 18 years up to 99 years old.
- Life expectancy of at least 12 weeks
- Histologically confirmed metastatic cancer, not amenable to surgery or radiation therapy with curative intent
- Patients with measurable or non measurable disease according to RECIST
- Less than 28 days from active therapy (ie any treatment used to treat the disease) or high dose radiotherapy
- Brain Metastases or spinal cord compression unless irradiated at least 4 weeks before entry and stable without steroid treatment for >1 week
- Persistent CTCAE Grade 2 or greater toxicities (excluding alopecia) caused by prior therapy
|Official title||A Phase I Open Label, Multi Centre Study of AZD2281 Administered Orally in Combination With Cisplatin, to Assess the Safety and Tolerability in Patients With Advanced Solid Tumours|
|Principal investigator||Judy E Garber|
Call for more information