Study of MLN8237 in Patients With Advanced Hematological Malignancies
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Conditions||b-cell follicular lymphoma, b-cell marginal zone lymphoma, diffuse large b-cell lymphoma, b-cell mantle cell lymphoma, b-cell small lymphocytic lymphoma (sll), b-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (b-cll), multiple myeloma, waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia, noncutaneous peripheral t-cell lymphoma not otherwise specified (ptcl-nos), angioimmunoblastic t-cell lymphoma (aitl), anaplastic large cell lymphoma, enteropathy associated t-cell lymphoma (eatcl), nk lymphoma (nkl)|
|Sponsor||Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.|
|Start date||July 2008|
|End date||December 2015|
|Trial size||58 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT00697346, C14003|
This is an open-label, multicenter, phase 1 study of MLN8237 in subjects with advanced hematological malignancies for whom there are limited standard treatment options.
|United States||No locations recruiting|
|Other countries||No locations recruiting|
|Scottsdale, AZ||not available||no longer recruiting|
|Lexington, KY||not available||no longer recruiting|
|Baltimore, MD||not available||no longer recruiting|
|Omaha, NE||not available||no longer recruiting|
|Hackensack, NJ||not available||no longer recruiting|
|Buffalo, NY||not available||no longer recruiting|
|Chapel Hill, NC||not available||no longer recruiting|
|Nashville, TN||not available||no longer recruiting|
|Houston, TX||not available||no longer recruiting|
|San Antonio, TX||not available||no longer recruiting|
|Intervention model||single group assignment|
Determine dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) and maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of orally administered MLN8237; and to evaluate the pharmacokinetics of MLN8237.
time frame: 12 months
To determine if MLN8237 has antitumor activity as measured by tumor response.
time frame: Evaluations will be repeated after every 2 cycles of MLN8237 have been completed for up to 12 months
To evaluate the potential effect of MLN8237 exposure on Aurora A kinase inhibition in blood leukocytes
time frame: Before and during the first cycle of treatment
Male or female participants at least 18 years old.
- Relapsed or refractory disease and a histologically or cytologically confirmed hematological malignancy of the following type for which standard curative treatment does not exist or is no longer effective:
- B-cell Follicular lymphoma
- B-cell Marginal zone lymphoma
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
- B-cell Mantle cell lymphoma
- B-cell Small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL)
- B-Cell Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL)
- Multiple myeloma
- Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia
- Noncutaneous peripheral T-cell lymphoma not otherwise specified (PTCL-NOS)
- Angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma (AITL), anaplastic large cell lymphoma, enteropathy associated T-cell lymphoma (EATCL), NK lymphoma (NKL)
- Subjects with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma must have failed, be ineligible for, or have refused an autologous stem cell transplant. There is no restriction regarding the maximum number of prior regimens.
- Aged 18 years or older
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0 to 2
- Radiographically or clinically evaluable disease for Part 1 of this study and measurable disease for Part 2 of this study
- Suitable venous access for the conduct of blood sampling for MLN8237 PK
- Recovered from the reversible effects of prior antineoplastic treatment (with the exception of alopecia and Grade 1 neuropathy)
- Pregnant or lactating
- Treatment with clinically significant enzyme inducers within 14 days prior to the first dose of MLN8237 as specified in the protocol
- Prior allogeneic bone marrow (or other organ) transplantation
- Newly diagnosed or uncontrolled cancer-related CNS disease
- Systemic antineoplastic treatment within 21 days preceding the first dose of study treatment. Exceptions requiring a 42-day recovery period from last treatment include: Nitrosoureas, mitomycin C or Rituximab, alemtuzumab (Campath®), or other unconjugated therapeutic antibody (21 days if clear evidence of progressive disease)
- Treatment with radioimmunoconjugates or toxin immunoconjugates such as ibritumomab tiuxetan (Zevalin™), or tositumomab (Bexxar®) within 56 days preceding the first dose of study treatment
- Antineoplastic treatment with glucocorticoids within 21 days preceding the first dose of study treatment
- Radiotherapy involving <25% of the hematopoietically active bone marrow within 21 days preceding first dose of study treatment
- Radiotherapy involving ≥25% of the hematopoietically active bone marrow within 42 days preceding first dose of study treatment
- Inability to swallow capsules or known GI disease or GI procedures that could interfere with the oral absorption or tolerance of MLN8237. Examples include, but are not limited to, partial gastrectomy, history of small intestine surgery, and celiac disease.
- History of uncontrolled sleep apnea syndrome and other conditions that could result in excessive daytime sleepiness such as severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Known or suspected human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) positive or hepatitis B surface antigen-positive status, or known or suspected active hepatitis C infection. Testing is not required in the absence of clinical findings or suspicion.
- Patients who fail to meet laboratory values as specified in the protocol during the screening period
|Official title||An Open-label, Phase 1 Study of MLN8237, a Novel Aurora A Kinase Inhibitor, in Patients With Advanced Hematological Malignancies|
Call for more information