Comprehensive Therapy to Relieving the Risk of Recurrence and Metastasis for Colorectal Cancer
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Sponsor||Ministry of Science and Technology of the People´s Republic of China|
|Collaborator||National Research Centre of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Norway|
|Start date||April 2007|
|End date||March 2012|
|Trial size||480 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT00689364, WJB730603|
Comprehensive therapy of traditional Chinese medicine (CTTCM) could relieve risk of recurrence and metastasis for stage II & III colorectal cancer, the investigators take this clinical trial with retrospective-prospective cohort study based on previous studies by international multi-center way.
If the study shows a positive result, a pragmatic randomized controlled study with prospective, multi-centre and large-sample design will be given continuously. The aim is to establish recommended programs suggested by CTTCM strategies under conventional Western medicine therapy (CWMT) for stage II & III colorectal cancer.
The recurrence and metastasis rates for 1、2、3、4 and 5-year.
time frame: one year
Survival index: the survival rate for1、2、3、4 and 5-year.
time frame: one year
Male or female participants from 18 years up to 75 years old.
- Patient who is diagnosed colorectal cancer by patho& cytologic diagnosis since accepting radical operation within half a year.
- Stage II or III colorectal cancer.
- 18－75 yr.
- Being able to participate and sign the informed consent.
- Pregnant woman, Psychotic.
- Patient who put together with other cancer.
- Existed serious complaint and functional disturbance (impairment) with non-tumorous in arch-organ.
- Reactiveness cerebrovascular disease (CVD) .
- Uncontrolled infection and metabolic disease.
- One item of tumor marks is progressed, and it still is progressed when patient recheck.
- Tumor that it is neo-occurred in each organ or pelvic cavity or abdominal cavity without definite patho-quality.
|Official title||Retrospective-Prospective Cohort Study Effectiveness of Comprehensive Therapy of TCM to Relieving the Risk of Recurrence and Metastasis for Stage II & III Colorectal Cancer Based on Conventional Western Medicine Therapy|
|Description||CTTCM: taking TCM decoction based on syndrome differentiation daily and each dosage is decocted two times for intervention one year with a Chinese patent medicine at least. CWMT: with or without chemotherapy/or radiotherapy after the radical operation (R0) (according to the latest NCCN clinical guideline).|
Call for more information