Schizophrenia and PTSD Project: Health, Interventions, and Risk/Resilience Evaluation(SAPPHIRE Study)
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Sponsor||Durham VA Medical Center|
|Start date||March 2007|
|End date||December 2016|
|Trial size||400 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT00560677, VA IRB# 01175|
We propose to establish a database characterizing the presence or absence of comorbid PTSD in veterans with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder (SAD) receiving services at the Durham VA Medical Center. In addition to the evaluation of PTSD symptoms in veterans with schizophrenia or SAD, this database will facilitate the investigation of a number of additional specific research questions relevant to veterans with psychotic disorders.
Brief Assessment of Cognition in Schizophrenia (BACS)
time frame: Visit 1
Male or female participants from 18 years up to 72 years old.
- 18-72 years of age, any ethnic group, either sex.
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, Fourth Edition (DSM-IV) diagnosis of schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.
- Ability to fully participate in the informed consent process, or have a legal guardian able to participate in the informed consent process.
- Unstable current medical or neurological illness.
- Significant suicidal or homicidal ideation.
- Pregnant women or women who could be pregnant.
|Official title||Schizophrenia and PTSD Project: Health, Interventions, and Risk/Resilience Evaluation|
|Principal investigator||Christine E Marx, MD, MA|
|Description||See brief summary|
Call for more information