Biobank For MS And Other Demyelinating Diseases
This trial is active, not recruiting.
|Conditions||multiple sclerosis, transverse myelitis, neuromyelitis optica, acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, optic neuritis|
|Sponsor||Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis|
|Start date||May 2006|
|End date||October 2026|
|Trial size||3226 participants|
|Trial identifier||NCT00445367, ACP-001|
To establish a large, longitudinal collection of high quality samples and data from subjects with MS, selected other demyelinating diseases (Transverse Myelitis (TM), Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO) or Devic's, Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM), and Optic Neuritis (ON)), and related and unrelated unaffected controls. Samples and data will be available as a shared resource to scientists researching the causes, sub-types, and biomarkers of MS and related demyelinating diseases.
|United States||No locations recruiting|
|Other countries||No locations recruiting|
|Phoenix, AZ||Barrow Neurological Institute||no longer recruiting|
|Stanford, CA||Stanford University||no longer recruiting|
|Aurora, CO||The Rocky Mountain MS Center at Anschutz Medical Campus at UC Denver||no longer recruiting|
|Atlanta, GA||Shepherd Center||no longer recruiting|
|Baltimore, MD||Johns Hopkins||no longer recruiting|
|Boston, MA||Beth Israel Deaconess||no longer recruiting|
|Worcester, MA||University of Massachusetts Medical School||no longer recruiting|
|New York, NY||Multiple Sclerosis Research Center of New York||no longer recruiting|
|Columbus, OH||The Ohio State University||no longer recruiting|
|Dallas, TX||University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas||no longer recruiting|
|Observational model||case control|
Male or female participants of any age.
- age 18+ able to give informed consent or individuals younger than 18 with parental permission and able to give assent
- willing to provide up to 110 ml (50 ml for < 18 years old) of blood via venipuncture
- experienced at least one CNS demyelinating event characteristic of MS, TM, NMO, ADEM, or ON
- history of blood borne pathogens
- allogeneic bone marrow transplant
- clinical or radiological evidence of stroke, meningitis, or other well characterized diseases of the nervous system (with the exception of MS, TM, NMO, ADEM, or ON).
- weight less than 37 pounds
|Official title||Large-scale, Multi-disciplinary Sample and Data Repository for Multiple Sclerosis and Related Demyelinating Diseases|
|Principal investigator||Benjamin Greenberg, M.D., M.H.S.|
Call for more information